Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July and watersports!






Hope everyone had a happy 4th and is loving America!
I'm kinda in love with the great state of Idaho, myself. When I first got here I wasn't prepared for the starkness and dryness and harsh landscapes, but it's growing on me every day... especially the mountains, and the lakes, and the high desert...
Claudia and I had one more survey on the fourth of July, and it went swimmingly :) We got to sneak in an afternoon of kayaking on Redfish Lake; some fireworks, a great band and hours of sweaty dancing; and a free whitewater rafting trip down the day stretch of the Salmon. Plus the plans have been laid for more free rafting (class IV next time, here we come!) and free passes to the Sawtooth Music Festival later this month. People tend to be very nice when they find out we only get $75 a week :)
I'm working as crew leader for my next two hitches (basically all of July), so I have a ton of paperwork to do and maps to look at and not much time to do it all. I'll be in the River of No Return roadless wilderness for most of July, so peace out for a while!
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment